Christman has delivered quality, at-risk general contracting services for our clients since 1894. Our extremely competitive record in the hard-bid market demonstrates our knowledge of current market conditions and also reflects our strong relationships with local trades, enabling us to secure the highest quality at the best possible pricing.
This traditional design/bid/build approach offers our general contracting client the options of a lump sum price, cost plus fee basis or cost plus fee with a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP). Christman experts, leaders and partners work in partnership with the entire team – including client, architects, engineers, and trade contractors - to represent the best interests of our client and deliver a facility built to the highest standards, every time.
Our contracting services include:
Cost monitoring and control
- Master schedule development and control
- Management of trade contractors
- Quality assurance and control
- Strict safety management
- Shop drawing (submittal) review
- Proactive change management
- Responsive field management
In this method of project delivery, the client typically hires an architect/engineer to design the project. Once the design has been completed, lump sum bids are solicited from general contractors who submit prices on the project exactly as specified, with the project typically awarded to the lowest bidder.
Familiar project delivery method
- Linear process with no overlap
- Simpler initial contractor selection process
- Easier process to manage; single-point accountability with general contractor holding all trade contracts
- Lump sum closed contract that can be bonded
- Good for public projects or large but simple projects that are cost-sensitive but neither schedule sensitive nor subject to change