Our Reputation for Safety is No Accident
The construction industry is well known for its inherent dangers, including heights, scaffolding, electrical grounding, site excavation, large equipment and materials, and a variety of trades working in common spaces. Christman is passionately committed to safety as a top priority, and we are fortunate to have that same commitment from our employees and trade workers. It is our goal that each worker returns home safely each day.
Good safety practices are also good business practices. A strong safety record translates into lower insurance rates, which helps us be more competitive in the marketplace, passing savings along to clients and creating more opportunities for everyone involved. We are honored to have been awarded with the Safety Gold Award by the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) for logging an unprecedented 2.1 million hours worked without a lost time accident. We were also the first-ever Policyholder of the Year Award by Accident Fund Insurance Company of America for an exemplary claims record out of 45,000 policyholders.
Highlights of Christman’s comprehensive safety program include:
- "Zero Injuries" Safety Program Goal
- Project-Specific Safety Programs and Orientation Videos
- Requirement of Acceptable Safety Records for all Trade Contractors
- Comprehensive Safety Orientation and Training Programs
- Daily and Weekly Safety Meetings and Discussions
- Random Safety Inspections
- Full-Time Corporate Safety Team
- Progressive Disciplinary Action Plan
- Safety Certified Field Staff
- Safety Education and Leadership Training Opportunities
- Employee Safety Incentive Programs